Sunday 17 December 2017

The Naturalist's Daughter

The Naturalist's Daughter

Tea Cooper

The Naturalist's Daughter by Tea Cooper

Reviewed by Helen

I have read a few of MS Cooper’s books and loved them but I have to say that this is just the best so far what an amazing story set across a century here in Australia and England, the characters are strong and are alive there is a mystery that crosses the century that was amazing as it was unravelled and the two woman are fabulous they showed such courage, I had a very early morning as I finished this one.

Where do I start? Maybe with Rose Winton I loved Rose and her strength and courage she worked so hard alongside her father Charles Winton one of the colonies first naturalists studying the native platypus in its environment and this was in Agnes Banks New South Wales 1808 Rose is a young girl than but years working with her father taught her how to draw and paint and learn, she lived with her Pa and Mam a convict transported for theft but there were secrets that were kept and when they come out people’s lives are turned upside down but Rose shows such strength when it is needed.

It is now 1908 and Tamsin Alleyn is working for at the public library in Sydney and is asks to take a trip to The Hunter Valley and investigate a sketch book that is supposed to belong to Charles Winton, Tamsin meets a solicitor Shaw Everdene who is working for the family who supposedly owns the book, this starts a journey of investigation that is so intriguing when one discovery leads to another and Tamsin and Shaw get closer.

This book has left me speechless I practically gulped this one down in one sitting it is so good two woman a century apart linked like you would not believe I loved the strength that these two showed and with the help of the men who jumped in and added to the journey was amazing, of course there is the history of the platypus and the settings, MS Cooper you have knocked my socks off with this one I cannot highly recommend it enough. I loved this one.

5/5 stars for a fabulous story

Expected publication: December 18th 2017 by Harlequin Enterprises (Australia) Pty Ltd